I created pure magic in the kitchen when I stumbled upon this recipe. Truthfully I started out at an attempt to create a completely different dessert, but the universe gave me the most decadent chocolate mousse I have ever experienced. These are the kinds of cooking mistakes we like people.
This chocolate mousse is DIVINE, non vegans will be sure to adore it and a real bonus is although the recipe uses coconut milk as a base, it doesn’t taste like coconut!
There’s only 3 ingredients you’ll need…
1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
400 grams dark vegan 50% cocoa chocolate (good quality)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Break chocolate up and place the peices in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat coconut milk in small saucepan on low heat until it simmers (don’t let it boil)
3. Pour coconut milk over broken up chocolate, leaving it to melt
4. Stir through well, adding vanilla extract
5. Refrigerate for 1.5 hours (folding with spatula every 30 minutes)
The longer it stays in the fridge the more it will thicken, serve within 24hrs. (Be sure to fold through once more before serving)
This will make about 4-5 small servings. Trust me, small is all you need! It’s best served with fresh berries to balance out the rich dark chocolate.
I’d love to know what you think of this recipe! If you try it out be sure to come back and leave a comment below!